MinterEllison is Australia's largest law firm, providing legal and consulting services through offices in Australia and a global network of member firms and associated companies.
Our purpose is to create lasting impacts with our clients, our people and our communities. Our partners and staff provide clients with clear, strategic and commercial solutions that create lasting impacts to their business. Our teams collaborate and deliver to our Purpose, and consistently work to embed our values into their everyday actions.
Mining and metals sector specialists and IMARC 2022 Legal Partner
MinterEllison's mining and metals team offers a breadth of experience with domestic and international mining and resource explorers, developers, financiers, and operators. We regularly advise industry associations and governments on policy and regulation issues.
We advise across a wide range of commodities, from coal, iron, lithium, copper, zinc, nickel, gold, silver, tin, uranium to molybdenum and rhenium.
Our range of services include:
• Mining access and regulation. Exploration and production tenure, environmental approvals, water access and approvals, land access and compensation, native title and cultural heritage.
• Finance, acquisitions, disposals. Strategy, structures, corporate and project finance, due diligence, acquisitions and divestments, negotiations and documentation, tax and royalties.
• Health and safety, industrial relations and employment. Industrial relations, workforce change and restructures, reviews and audits of safety systems, safety training, incident response, litigation and dispute resolution.
• Mine development. Feasibility studies, contracting strategy (EPC and EPCM), tender preparation, management and advice, contract and risk management, procurement and training.
• Mine operation. Commercial agreements (e.g. utilities), mining services, stakeholder engagement, infrastructure sharing/access, rail haulage contracts, litigation and dispute resolution.
• Mine closure. Closure planning and approvals, contamination and waste management, contract strategy and negotiations, demolition / removal / remediation procurement, land re-use, and stakeholder management.
Supported by a broader Energy and Resources industry specialisation
MinterEllison's energy and resources specialists provide end-to-end, integrated legal and consulting solutions to the mining and metals, power and renewables, gas and fuels, and water sectors. Our knowledge is from years of advising at the policy, corporate, project and operational levels of business and industry.
With sector expertise, we are known for commercial and pragmatic advice. Our teams advise on market reforms, sector redesign, new sector frameworks, and governance and regulations that will enhance the energy and resources sector's benefits to consumers, investors, and operators.
For investors, explorers, developers and producers, we help them build, manage and protect their business interests, minimise risk, and seize the opportunities unfolding in the sectors.